Friday, May 02, 2008

Exploring...

'n Amazing boek deur Lynne Perrella




Twee boeke is op die oomblik na aan my hart…

“The creative license” deur Danny Gregory
en
“Artists Journals and sketchbooks, exploring and creating personal pages” deur Lynne Perrella.

Om op verskeie maniere binne jouself te explore en dan dit wat jy ontdek op ‘n manier weer tegee, was nog altyd vir my fasinerend.

Die “Creative license”… leer my iets van stil word … stilsit(wat nogal moeilik is vir my!)… en regtig kyk totdat jy werklik sien, maar op ‘n ander manier… om tyd te spandeer en fyner te kyk… saammet dit ontwikkel ek ook sommer ‘n skill – om te leer om te teken.

“When my daughter was about seven years old, she asked me one day what I did at work. I told her I worked at the college – that my job was to teach people how to draw. She stared at me, incredulous, and said ‘You mean they forget?’” …Howard Ikemoto

In die “…creating personal pages” boek leer ek om na binne te kyk en om dit wat jy in jouself sien te kan weergee op amazing maniere…

“Art journals are something that we create for ourselves alone – not merely a self-indulgent activity, but something worthwhile, important, and vastly creative and self-revelatory. There is no pressure to make them “come out right”, and the time we give to creating our personal pages, finding our authentic voice, and letting it sing is time well spent. Silence you inner critic, and begin to think of your art journal as a companion, a muse, a soul mate.” …’n aanhaling uit “Artists journals & sketchbooks”

No comments: